28 January 2010

My plan

So I'm leaving for the Air Force April 13th 2010. I have a lot of things on my mind as well as a looooot of stuff I need to take care of and deal with before I go.

I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. Some of my family is excited for me while others...not so much.

Pat is 100% supportive of me and I couldn't ask for a better man, he's amazing I can't wait for us to finally be in the same space for more than 3 days. I joke about how much I hate the military but I really don't I'm grateful that he had the opportunity join up and see the world and deploy and grow up. Now it's my turn, I hope I get out of it what I should. I look forward to this challenge. It's amazing how I'm soo set on getting OUT of here. I know I'm gonna miss so much, like my friends and my god children growing up but hell I gotta do something with myself. I needed a kick in the pants to get myself back on the right track. I was mad at myself for taking a break from school and moving back home, but I didn't really have any other options. This...is another option, I'm opening doors for myself. I want to be great at something. I gave up swimming and music because they weren't fun for me anymore when I probably could have done amazing things with one or both of those talents. I won't let myself do that. I will go to the military and strive to better than my own expectations.

sigh it's 7am I need to go to sleep, but I can't stop thinking about the future and about all the things I want.

I love him and want him here with me.
I want to be an amazing airman.
I want to make myself and my family proud.

1 comment:

  1. Being away from the one you love for an extended amount of time can really wear on you but at least it's pushed you to do this great thing with yourself.

    ReplyDelete